Why Am I Hitting the Golf Ball Off the Toe or Heel of the Club?
When you are playing golf there are certain reasons why you would have a tendency to hit the ball on the toe or on the heel of the club. When you set up to the golf ball the distance you are from the golf ball at address would be one of those reasons why you have a tendency to hit it on the toe.
- If I stand too far from the golf ball I bring the toe into play.
- If I stand to close to the golf ball I bring the heel into play.
- If my swing tends to be too upright, straight up and down, then I have a tendency to hit on the toe of the club.
- Conversely, if my swing is too rounded I would tend to swing out too much and I would hit on the heel.
- As I set up to the golf ball, when I make a turn going back, if I raise up I have a tendency to get further from the golf ball and I would hit on the toe.
- If I make a swing and I am falling closer to the golf ball I would swing out and have a tendency to hit on the heel.
Those reasons will help you when you are on the golf course and you tend to hit a shot on the toe or on the heel to make a self correction as you play. Keep those tips in mind and you will hit the ball in the center of the clubface more often.