How to Hit a Knockdown Golf Shot
Learn the Golf Knockdown Shot to Improve Your Game
To be able to hit a knockdown shot, whether you are in between clubs or you are hitting the ball into the wind or into a crosswind, is a tremendously valuable skill. Here is how we are going to hit this shot.
When you are playing a knockdown shot you are going to take a little bit less club and swing a little softer. That will help control the ball on a flatter trajectory. That is very valuable into the wind or in crosswinds.
- You are going to take your normal grip, regular address position and you are going to play the ball a little bit farther back in your stance.
- You are going to keep the majority of your weight on to the forward leg on the backswing and on the downswing, you are not going to get a big weights shift movement back and forth.
- As you are coming through the golf ball you want to feel like your right hand were resting flat on a table, your wrist is bend back, that is the feeling you want through the shot. The right hand actually controls the clubhead through the shot.
- You are taking a little bit of loft off of the club with the shaft more forward leaning. As a visual you might feel like there is a tree branch in front of you and you have to keep the show low and below that tree branch, which will give you the ability to keep the loft of the club off of the shot and hit the ball a little flatter.
- On your backswing you want to feel like you have a three quarter backswing, you are going to swing your arms to about 10 o'clock and you are not going to have a lot of wrist break.
- On the forward swing you are going to do the same thing and finish at about two o'clock. Your swing thought process is 10 to two, very little wrist break and hang on your left side.
Let's take a look at it with a shot. Those types of techniques are directly transferable to the golf course and it will help you when the wind comes up, when you are in between clubs and you need to control you golf ball. Give it a try.
About the Instructor
1700 17-Mile Drive
Pebble Beach, CA 93953