Sandy LaBauve is one of the world's best beginner, junior and women's instructors. She is listed as one of Golf Magazine's Top 100 Teachers and is Founder and Creative Consultant for the LPGA Junior Girls Golf Club.
How to Have a Powerful One-Plane Downswing
In a one-plane downswing the first move down is different, you want to feel like you turn your core as you are throwing your arm across your body and over to the left. If you notice from the side you can see that my right elbow is much more behind me in the one-plane swing than in the two-plane swing.
Other videos in the series The One-Plane Golf Swing for Women with Sandy LaBauve
- What is a Swing Plane in Golf?
- Should You Choose a One Plane or a Two Plane Golf Swing?
- How to Perfect Your Posture and Stance for a Better Golf Swing
- How to Master Your Backswing Shoulder Turn in Any Style of Swing
- How to Hinge Your Wrists in a Two Plane Swing for More Power
- 2 Tips to Master the Two-Plane Downswing
- How to Have a Powerful One-Plane Downswing
- How to Properly Finish the One-Plane Golf Swing
- How to Set Up for a One-Plane Golf Swing
- One-Plane vs. Two-Plane Golf Swing: What's the Difference?
3-Steps: One Plane Downswing
- From that position I want to feel like I am turning into the shot, I am not tilting under, I am turning and throwing my arms back across my body over to the left. It often feel like a sidearm throw.
- There is a lot of speed going through the ball with my arm swing as I am doing the one-plane swing. I am getting a lot of power with my arms and hands through impact but I am also using my body because of the position it is in.
- If you notice when you look at my swing from a face on view my body is working nicely in sync much like it would be if I was throwing sidearm.
A one-plane golf swing has a lot of power down at impact and again it is a very simple way to swing the club. You are basically bending over a little more, swinging your arms across your body on the backswing, turning through and then swinging your arms across your body on the follow-through. Pretty simple way to play.
About the Instructor
15636 N. Clubgate Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85254