Improve Your Golf Swing with Quality Practice
Quality practice versus quantity practice is always very important in order to improve your golf swing and your golf game. One of my favorite drills to do with my students is to grab their bag and show them that their standing bag matches the shaft plane of their club when they set up to the ball.
- They can use their bag to trace their backswing to make sure they are making the right shape and that their club is on plane.
- So again and again I can swing back seeing that my takeaway is on plane.
- That the head of the club matches the bag and it is tracing.
- At waist high both my hands and the shaft and the clubhead are on plane matching the bag and as I swing up and hinge you can really see that the club angle really matches the original shaft plane.
- Then on to the top of the swing. Many students come down over the top so it is a great way to practice coming down on plane and back to the ball. You can even use the bag to practice your forward swing.
Again, it helps you to trace the shape of a great swing and have a good swing plane. Improved swing plane is key to hit the ball straighter and more consistently.