Head Down While Putting
Kids like to watch the ball after they hit it, and when they are doing that while putting unfortunately what happens is that they move their head and when they move their head they move their body with it. So how am I going to prevent that? Well here is a little tip for you.
- First of all what I tell the kids to do is after they mark their ball, when they take their ball they all know that they turn the arrow, which is the writing on the ball, in the direction that they want the ball to go.
- Once they have that arrow set and the writing is looking straight up at them we are ready to go.
- All I am going to ask that kid to do is once he puts the club down heel, toe and sole flat behind the ball making the letter T, I am going to have him put his eyes directly over the writing on the ball.
- I am going to have him put his feet together, spread his feet out under his shoulders, and I am going to ask him to go straight back and straight through and putt the ball.
- When he does this I am going to ask him to look at the writing and not move his head until the writing is gone.
After the ball is gone I do not mind if he moves his head one way or the other but the whole idea behind it is that kids want to watch the ball when it goes and that will destroy a putting stroke.