Alignment Drill to Stop Pulling Golf Shots
Other videos in the series Cure Your Pull Shot with Chuck Cook
- What Causes a Pull Shot in Golf?
- Alignment Drill to Stop Pulling Golf Shots
- Reverse K Set-Up to Avoid Pulling Golf Shots
- Perfect Posture to Stop Pulling Golf Shots
- Golf Downswing Stance to Avoid Pulling Shots
- Golf Rope Drill to Stop Pulling Golf Shots
- Flying Right Elbow Golf Fix for Pulling Shots
- Golf Ball Position Drill to Stop Pulling Shots
One of the most common causes for people who pull shots is their alignment. Quite simply they may be making a great swing but just aiming to the left of the target. Or more commonly what happens is that they will aim to the right of the target line and then trying to pull the ball back towards the target and overdo the pull. As Harvey Penick once said, “if you allow for it, you probably will get it.” What I would like to do is show you how to get proper alignment by using this alignment drill. The first thing you do is get a club and lay it behind the ball, pointing it at the target for which you are trying to shoot. Once you have done that you take another club and lay it down outside the target line but parallel to the line which you are shooting and the first club you placed down. This will give you the direction which you are trying to swing. Then you take the club from behind the ball and move it over to the inside so that it is parallel to the second club you placed down, creating a chute that is aimed at the target. By setting up this way you will have your parallel alignment and thus you will eliminate alignment as the cause for that pull shot.
About the Instructor
Spicewood, TX 78669