How to Change the Weights in an r7 Driver
The TaylorMade r7 driver has four weights in the heel that are intended to help you straighten out a bad slice or draw. The driver comes with two 2 g and two 10 g weights that are removable with a special tool. Moving these weights to different positions will allow you to make adjustments in your driving accuracy.
- Unscrew the four weights from the heel of your driver using the proper tool. The weights are color-coded: the yellow ones are 2 g and the red are 10 g. When removing the 10 g weights, you will notice a slight tightening while unscrewing them. Continue unscrewing until the weight is free from the driver.
- Install the 10 g weights to the two outside positions (toward the toe) to correct a slice. Putting the heavier weights on the outside of the club head will cause centrifugal acceleration during the downswing, making the toe of the club accelerate faster than the heel. This closes the face of the club at contact.
- Install the 10 g weights to the two inside positions (toward the hosel) to correct a draw. This will make the heel of the club accelerate faster than the toe and keep the face of the club open at contact.
Tips & Warnings
- Four weights give you more than 30 combinations. You can leave weights out. Save unused weights in a baggie along with the removal tool.
- Four weights give you more than 30 combinations.
- You can leave weights out.
- Save unused weights in a baggie along with the removal tool.