Lefty or Righty?
Here is a tip for you parents that are trying to teach your kids golf. Should your son or daughter swing lefty or righty? That is a great question because you do not assume anything with a child. Just because they are left handed does not mean that they will necessarily swing the club right handed. Here is an easy way for you to tell. You do not even need to have a club.
- All you have to do is have your kids put their hands on their knees, put their hands together in what we call the elephant's trunk, and we are going to have them put their thumbs up in the air.
- Then what I want you to do is to have them try to swing a couple of times from each from the left side and the right side. For example: position one, position two, position three, position four.
- Now I am facing directly at the child when I do this. Position one, position two, position three, position four. Those kids can imitate what you do.
- After I have done that a few times and I have them swinging right handed I will turn it around and have them swing the other way. Position one, position two, position three and position four.
- Now believe it or not, you will be able to see with your own eyes which way that child looks more smooth.
Do Not Assume Which Side Your Child Golfs From
In a lot of cases it is going to be right handed. As far as the case in point goes, I am left handed but I swing right handed. So you do not assume anything with your child. How do you determine if they are left handed or right handed? Get in front of them, do those exercises and you will be able to determine which way they go.