How to Hot-wire an E-Z-GO Golf Cart
Hot-wiring somebody else's golf cart is illegal and should not be performed under any circumstance. If, however, you own a golf cart and have lost the key, hot-wiring is an easy process that allows you to bypass the cart's ignition.
InstructionsDifficulty: Moderately Easy
- Ensure that power to the cart is turned on.
- Locate the two wires connected to the cart's ignition. In most models they can be found behind the seat.
- Cut the wires and strip the ends.
- Touch the ends of the wires together to force the engine to turn over without turning the ignition.
- Secure the wires together with electrical tape.
Tips & Warnings
- Hot-wiring a cart runs the risk of electric shock and should only be used as a last resort.