The Ping G410 Series drivers offer golfers more ball speed without sacrificing the forgiveness that the brand's clubs are known for. Released in early 2019, the G410 driver comes in three models – the G410 Plus, the G410 SFT and the G410 LST. The G410 Series takes the popular Ping G400 and adds more ball speed and customized weight distribution for better accuracy off the tee.
Moveable Weights Fit Any Golfer's Game
Two of the models – the G410 LST and the G410 Plus – come with movable weight technology. A 16-gram tungsten weight can be slid into one of three positions, draw, neutral or fade, to best suit a golfer's natural swing. It's just a slight adjustment in the center of gravity (approximately 1/10") but Ping claims it is enough to influence the flight of the ball up to 10 yards left or right. Golfers can have the confidence to swing away without the fear of missing the fairway.
The third club in the series, the G410 SFT, is designed specifically for golfers who tend to slice the ball so the weight is fixed in the heel of the clubhead.
Dragonfly Technology Allows for Faster Speed Swing
The G410 Series drivers feature an improvement on Ping's Dragonfly Technology that was seen in earlier drivers. To imagine how the technology works, picture a dragonfly's delicate wings. Thin veins provide support for the entire wing without adding extra weight. In the G410 driver, thin veins of tungsten provide durability without extra weight. The result is a lightweight clubhead that allows for faster swing speed.
The Three Fs – Fast Forged Face
Ping also improved on the face of the G410 driver and in addition to less weight, the improved design has an even better sound and feel. The face is made of T9S+, a titanium alloy with small amounts of aluminum and other metals, that is extremely durable and lightweight. With a hotter impact area, ball speeds increase, creating more distance.
Adjustable Hosel Has More Loft Options
G410 drivers have an adjustable hosel that has expanded from five to eight options. Known as Trajectory Tuning 2.0, this feature gives golfers more choices for loft and lie adjustments. Check out our tips for customizing your driver.
What is the Difference Between the G410 Drivers?
The three models of G410 drivers are similar offer some variances to suit a variety of golfers.
- G410 Plus – This driver is the most popular of the three models among average golfers. The larger head allows for more forgiveness while the adjustable weights help golfers overcome swing deficiencies.
- G410 LST – Like the Plus, the LST model has moveable weights but the smaller clubhead is preferred by most Tour golfers. The club was designed to produce less spin than the other models.
- G410 SFT – This club has a fixed weight near the heel of the club to create a straighter ball flight. It's a great option for golfers who struggle with a constant slice off the tee. The D1 swing weight is also lighter which helps square the club face as it impacts the ball.
||Average Lie Angle
Golfers who use the Ping G410 Driver
Several PGA Tour golfers use Ping G410 drivers, including:
- Cameron Champ (Ping G410LST)
- Brendon Todd (Ping G410LST)
- Andrew Landry (Ping G410LST)
- Viktor Hovland (Ping G410LST)
- Tyrrell Hatton (Ping G410 Plus)