Why Use a Golf Glove?
This is one of the greatest accessories in the modern golf game but it has been around for a long time. Have you ever wondered why you need a glove? Why it is on your lead hand instead of your trail hand? Well there are some very important reasons why.
- When you put your glove on your hand and when you put some material between your hand and your grip that always softens the grip pressure. That is very important in a game where we are trying to allow the golf club to swing freely. Any kind of tightening of the hands, especially the lead hand, is going to tend to leave the clubface more open. That is one reason.
- The second reason is that coaches and instructors when the game started wanted to separate what the hands do. The left hand has a different role than the right hand in the golf swing. So by placing a glove on there you separate your hands from their different roles. You can feel your left hand more than your trail hand.
Let's hit a shot. The glove is on.
How to Remove a Golf Glove
Now one of the other important aspects about the glove is how you take your glove off.
- Well you have to make sure you have a loud enough snap and rip to the Velcro.
- You take it off by the fingers.
- Now in storing the glove you want to put the Velcro back together, fold the thumb over and place it in your back pocket with the fingers hanging out.
That is how the guys on Tour do it and now you are looking cool and wearing your glove for all the right reasons.