L-Swing Drill Improves Your Golf Setup
One of my absolute favorite drills for average golfers is called the L Swing. We have been using this forever at our golf schools and we get great results with it.
- We put a tee in the vent hole of the grip as a little marker, reminder and target finder.
- What I want to do here is visualize the target line that my golf ball is on and what I do is practice my three quarter position.
- So I take the club up to three quarters, to right here, that is when my left arm is parallel to the ground and the club is pointed at the sky. We call it an L Drill because the shaft and my left arm form the letter L.
- You can do that in a mirror or have it video taped, but I want you to just stop your swing right there.
- The next part is I want you to go through and hit the golf ball and come out the other side and go back to the L the other way.
- My right arm and the club form an L now and the tee points right back down at the target line. So when I go back, left arm and the club form the L, the tee points down at the target line or close to it.
I swing through to the other side and I have my L on the other side. It is called the L Swing. It is great for setting the golf club, getting some speed and getting the club on plane.