A High Golf Shot is Sometimes Necessary
The intentional high shot. There are time where we have to carry the ball a long way but we also have to carry it over a high tree or some obstacle and we have to get it up really quick. Here are some things to do that will allow you to hit this sort of golf shot.
- Number one we are going to grip all the way to the end of the golf club, that puts in more wrist actions, that will give me a longer swing and allow me to release the club a little sooner in the golf swing. It will also provide the most power that this club could possibly generate.
- I am going to play the ball more forward in my stance. To do that I start with my feet together, small step with my forward foot, big step with by back foot. What that allows me to do is get my right foot way outside my right hip. That allows me to go in to my right leg better. I do not want that right foot underneath my right hip, so get it out where you can get into your right leg better.
- Now with the ball played forward the hands will be slightly behind the ball at address. We do not want to push those hands forward which closes the clubface.
- When we swing at this shot we are going to have a long swing back and through.
- I also want to get the visual picture of how high I want to hit that golf ball.
- I have to pick the club that will get me just over the top of the trees.
Once I have done that I relax my hands and I am going to trust this swing. I am really going to get back behind it. I am going to stay behind it and I am going to hit this ball with what feels like on the upswing. I am not going to drive it down. It should work. The high shot, when you need it go to the end of the club, relax the hands, make a big golf swing.