Teach Junior Golfers a Pre-Shot Routine
Is it important for a kid to have a pre-shot routine? You bet it is. I am going to have Luke demonstrate his pre-shot routine right here for you now and I am going to talk you through what he is doing. Ok, Luke, go ahead and put that ball down on the tee.
- As he puts that ball down on the tee what he is doing is he is basically taking the writing on the ball and he is making an arrow out of it dead centered on the middle of the fairway towards that tree out there.
- Then he is going to back up.
- Then he is going to walk up to the ball.
- He is going to put the club down right behind the ball with the heel, toe and sole flat on the ground and he is going to make the letter tee with that driver.
- He is going to put his feet together, now he is going to spread his feet out underneath his shoulders and now he is going to rip that ball.
It doesn't get any better than that, dead center. Remember, is it important for a kid to have a pre-shot routine? You bet it is if he is going to hit good golf shots.