A Chair Drill To Increase Your X-Factor and Hit Your Golf Ball Farther
Hi, my name is Mariano Bartolome, and I am a Master Instructor at the Jim McLean Golf School at the Doral Golf Resort and Spa. Today I am going to give you a tip that is going to help you improve your X Factor.
Other videos in the series The Jim McLean X-Factor Power Coil
- How to Get More Power in Your Downswing with X-Factor
- How to Improve Impact Position in Your Golf Swing with X-Factor
- How to Master the X-Factor (and Get More Power in Your Swing)
- Jimmy McLean Teaches His X-Factor Golf Swing to Create Power in Your Coil
- A Chair Drill To Increase Your X-Factor and Hit Your Golf Ball Farther
Chair Drill to Improve Your X-Factor
As you might know, the X Factor that Jim wrote about in 1994 is the differential between the turn on your upper body and the turn on your lower body. That means that the bigger that gap is between the upper body turn and the lower body move, the more power you are going to get. A good way to test this is to sit on top of a chair.
- We are going to place a shaft on the back part of your neck and from there we are just going to try to leave our hips against the chair and make a full coil.
- You can see the differential between the hip turn and the upper body coil.
- As we do that you can see how my shoulders turn about 90 degrees as my lower body is turning probably half of that.
The wrong way to do it would be leaving the chair with the lower body and getting the same amount of turn with the shoulders and the hips. Try this little thing. It will help you to improve your X Factor and hit the ball longer.
About the Instructor
4400 NW 87th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178