How Do I Hit My Golf Shots Higher?
I am going to talk to you about getting the ball higher up in the air. There are certain characteristics that allow the golf ball to fly higher.
- One is the loft of the club so obviously when you have a more lofted club you have a better chance of hitting the golf ball higher in the air.
- The same goes for clubhead speed. When you have more clubhead speed you have a better chance to put more spin on the golf ball which launches the golf ball up in the air.
- The third thing is the length of the golf swing. If you swing the club farther back as I mentioned in a previous video clip, if you swing the club farther back and finish higher through you have a better opportunity to launch the ball higher in the air.
- The fourth thing I want to talk to you about is the angle of your swing. If the angle of your golf swing is more up and to the right you have a better chance of hitting the golf ball higher in the air. Conversely, if the angle of your swing is down and to the left you will hit the ball lower.
- The last opportunity is how your body reacts. If I swing back and my body is leaning toward the golf ball I am going to hit more down on top of it. If I can get turned behind the golf ball and stay there I have a better chance of launching the golf ball up in the air.
So if you are looking to hit the ball higher remember those five steps I talked about, one of those is going to help you launch the ball up in the air higher which makes you hit the ball farther.