How Much Do Golf Carts Cost?
How Much Do Golf Carts Cost?. Golf carts are no longer just the property of public and private gold courses or country clubs. More and more private citizens, golfers and non-golfers alike, have discovered the value of owning their own golf carts. Functi
- Golf carts are no longer just the property of public and private gold courses or country clubs. More and more private citizens, golfers and non-golfers alike, have discovered the value of owning their own golf carts.
- Golf carts are versatile vehicles that have many uses on and off the golf course. Most people purchase golf carts to make traveling around the greens easier while golfing and to help avoid back strain from carrying their golf clubs themselves. On many larger country club style golf courses, carts are almost necessary to easily traverse the entire golf course.
- Golf carts are usually divided into types based on how they are powered, and the cost of purchasing and maintaining them varies by type. Electric golf carts are fine for golfers who will use their carts only on the golf course. Those using their golf carts in more all-terrain environments, at construction sites, or during camping or skeet shooting trips will probably want a gas powered golf cart as it can handle varying terrain and long distances better.
- The price of golf carts also depends on whether you are buying a new or a used golf cart. A used golf cart can usually be purchased for half the price of a brand new one. This means you could save as much as $2,500 on a used electric golf cart and upwards of $3,500 on a gas powered golf cart.
- Your location can significantly impact the cost of your golf cart. Golf carts are in high demand in golfing travel destinations (such as Hilton Head Island, South Carolina) and areas with a large number of gated communities, as they have become popular additions for security staff and residents to easily traverse their private neighborhoods. These areas tend to have the most expensive golf carts, although you will probably have better luck finding used golf carts for sale in these areas as well.
- Many people think that the only cost associated with golf carts is the purchase price and some low basic maintenance costs. But golf carts can cost you in other ways. There is an increasing number of golf cart accidents. Because golf carts move so much slower than a regular passenger vehicle and because they are generally not driven on roads, people don't pay as much attention to safety while driving or riding in one. Many people who have caused injuries or property damage while driving their golf carts have been surprised to discover that their home owner's insurance will not cover the damage resulting from negligent golf cart driving. For this reason, any owner who takes his golf cart off of his own property should look into getting specific golf cart insurance.
- The features of your golf cart will have a major impact on the eventual purchase price. Features can include a roof to protect you from the elements, a windshield or even a trailer hitch to allow your golf cart to pull small trailers. All of these options can add hundreds or thousands of dollars on to the cost of your golf cart.
- https://newsroom.progressive.com/2007/november/golf-cart-coverage.aspx —Golf Cart Insurance Information
- https://www.buyerzone.com/industrial/golf_carts/prices-golf-carts-lightbox.html —A survey of golf cart prices with links to a buyers guide