How to Remove the Shaft From a Ping TiSI
Whether you are simply looking to change the current shaft you are using, or your club has recently been introduced to the trunk of a tree after an errant shot, occasionally a golfer has to change the shaft on their clubs. Removing the shaft on your Ping TiSl is a simple matter of breaking the bond of the epoxy holding it in place.
InstructionsDifficulty: Moderately Easy
- Secure the shaft tightly in the vice. Apply a shaft guard if you will be reusing the shaft.
- Put on your safety gloves, and keep them on for the duration of time spent working on the shaft.
- Apply heat to the hosel, where the shaft enters the club head, with the gas torch for about a minute to melt the epoxy holding it in place.
- Apply twisting pressure to the head of the club to begin removing the club head.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 until the club head has slid off of the shaft.